Composing a New Message
- Tap at the bottom right corner of the screen. The email composer screen opens.
- Fill in the recipients and the subject fields.
- Compose your message.
- If needed, attach various files to your newly composed email. For more details on how to do that, see Attaching Files to a Message.
- Hit Send / Send & File / Send & Move (for details about how to send a message with or without the filing / moving action, see Sending and Filing / Moving a Message in Sending Messages). The Send Message screen is displayed where you can confirm the recipients' list before sending the message. For details on how to confirm the recipients' list, see Active Wrong Recipient Detection.
Attaching Files to a Message
ZERO makes it easy to attach images, pictures, files, and other items to your messages. You can even select files from your device and attach them to the new message by selecting ZERO from the iOS sharing menu. To provide a better user experience, ZERO for Mobile allows you to preview MSG file attachments from your messages. Moreover, you can preview the PDF attachments and edit them using the native editor component.
To attach files to a message and send it to the respective recipient:
- Open the email composer screen.
- Click (image). Browse and select images / videos from your device.
- Click (camera). Take a picture / video and select Use Photo / Use Video.
- Click (attachment). Browse and select files from both your device and your iCloud account.
- In case your Document Management System integration is with iManage, click (browse from DMS). Browse and select files from iManage. For more details on how to do that, see Browsing Files from iManage. Please, note that you will see this option only in case if your iManage account is enabled.
Note: When attaching files to a message for the first time, ZERO asks you to give access to your phone. Click Yes to be able to proceed.
- Click Send at the upper right corner of the screen. Please, note that the composed message can be filed in parallel with sending if the Send and File feature is enabled in application settings. Or, when Always Send and File feature is set by your company's Administrator in the configuration file. For details about filing messages to iManage, see Filing a Message to iManage. For details about filing messages to NetDocuments, see Filing a Message to NetDocuments.
Browsing Files from iManage
- When composing an email, click(browse from DMS). This opens the Recents screen comprised of your recent folders and files which are grouped in the following tabs of the top navigation bar:
- My Matters
- Tap at the appropriate navigation tab and select the needed file from it. The attachment preview screen appears.
- Preview the attachment and select the Attach File button. The application returns the following two options for attaching the file:
- Attach File – this option attaches the file to the message
- Attach NRL – this option generates and attaches a shared link (NRL file)
- Select the respective option and send the email with the file attached.
Was this article helpful?