Organizing Messages in Your Mailbox
ZERO is incorporated with features allowing to control your mailbox and make it easier to focus on messages that are important to you. By default, ZERO groups together email messages that are part of the same conversation (or thread), instead of listing each reply separately. Conversations make it easier to follow a thread and help to streamline your Inbox.
ZERO's appealing interface helps to differentiate between single messages and conversations by showing the following types of arrow icons to the right of every message:
- Right-facing arrow () - indicates a single message.
- Expand/collapse arrow icons ( / ) - indicate a conversation. Collapsed conversations appear with a right-facing arrow (), and expanded conversations appear with a down-facing arrow (). Tap the arrows to expand or collapse conversations.
This article includes the following topics:
In the list of messages, you can manage a single message or one of the messages in a conversation with a simple swipe to move individual messages to trash, mark them as read, and more.
To open the list of actions, gently swipe an email to the right or left until you see the actions.
When you swipe right on an email, it triggers an action that is based on the configuration you have been provided with or the one you selected during your onboarding process. If you chose a specific action during onboarding, you can always change it later by accessing the application settings.
The left swipe provides the following menu:
- Delete - moves the message to trash.
- Flag - marks the message as flagged. The flag () mark appears at the right of the message.
More - offers the following additional choices:
- Reply - replies only the sender (this option is not available for a collapsed conversation).
- Reply All - replies the original sender and all other recipients on the To and Cc lines (this option is not available for a collapsed conversation).
- Forward - sends the message to someone not on the To or Cc lines (this option is not available for a collapsed conversation).
- Move to Folder -predicts which folder would be the most appropriate destination for the selected email and offers you to move it to the suggested folder. In the list of messages, emails are moved to the corresponding folders separately. For details about moving a single email from the list of messages, see Moving a Single Message.
- Archive - moves the email to the Archive folder.
- Move to Junk - moves the email to the Junk folder.
- Mark as Read / Mark as Unread - marks the unread email as read and the read email as unread; the blue dot at the left of the sender’s name indicates the message's unread status.
- Flag / Unflag - marks the message as flagged and a flag () mark appears at the right side of the message. Or unflags the flagged message and the flag mark disappears from the right side of the message.
- Mark as Other / Mark as Primary - this option appears only in case your mailbox sorting type is set as Primary/Other. For the Primary inbox, it classifies the email as insufficiently important to keep it in Primary and moves it to Other. For the Other inbox, it classifies the email as sufficiently important to keep it in Other and moves it to Primary. When you mark an email as Other/Primary, ZERO warns you that you will see all future emails from the selected sender in the corresponding list. This allows you to cancel or confirm the action.
Note: When setting up your swipe actions, if you have previously assigned one of the three actions - Move to Folder, Mark as Unread, or Archive - to the right swipe, it will not appear in the left swipe menu. However, you can customize this configuration by referring to General Settings.
In the Senders list, you can see all messages grouped by senders in chronological order (in any folder except the Sent, Outbox and Drafts folders). Each section in this list relates to one sender. It shows an icon with the sender's initials and next to it – the sender's display name and email address.
You can swipe any section to the left and Delete All messages received from that particular sender.
Note: In the Senders list, filtering is inactive.
To open the Sender screen, click the name of the sender. The sender's icon (with their initials), display name, and email address are shown at the top of the screen. Below, you can find the messages received from the selected contact or the threads containing the selected contact as one of the senders in the conversation. The messages are listed in chronological order.
Was this article helpful?