This article introduces you to the integration with the NetDocuments document management system.
After logging into NetDocuments you will have access to a variety of features and tools to help you streamline your email filing workflows. On the NetDocuments screen, you can manage the following:
- Enable NetDocuments - Toggle the Enable NetDocuments switch to On/Off to enable/disable the integration with the iManage document management system.
- Filing Options - Define whether you want to be prompted to file each individual message or enable Autofile Conversation. Tap on Filing Options and in the Filing Options screen select from two available options: Every Time or Never.
- Personal Workspace - specify a personal workspace in order to receive predictions only for the selected workspace. For more details, see Personal Workspaces.
- Remove Account - Remove your NetDocuments account if you ever need to do so.
This article includes the following topics:
- Logging into NetDocuments
- Personal Workspaces
- Filing a Message
- Unfiling a Message
- Predictive Filing
- Batch Filing to NetDocuments
- Links to Shared Documents
- Status of Filed Emails
Logging into NetDocuments
To log in to your NetDocuments account:
- Go to Settings > Integrations.
- Tap NetDocuments. You are directed to the NetDocuments Login screen.
Note: If you are already logged in, you will be taken directly to the NetDocuments screen.
- In the NetDocuments Login screen, enter your NetDocuments login credentials. This may include one of the following options:
- use your ﬁrm-provided username and password to log in
- enter your Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS) login
- Click Log In. You are now logged into your NetDocuments account and directed to the NetDocuments screen.
Note: The ﬁling capability (File button) and Batch Filing options under Assistant appear after successfully logging in to NetDocuments.
ZERO Athena provides you with the ability to specify a personal workspace in order to receive suggestions for it. You can add and remove multiple personal workspaces.
For more details, see the upcoming topics:
Adding a Personal Workspace
To add a personal workspace:
- In the NetDocuments screen, select Add a Personal Workspace. The Select a Personal Workspace screen is displayed encompassing the following sections:
- Suggestions - This section is shown in case ZERO has a suggestion for a personal workspace.
- All Workspaces - This section displays all the available workspaces.
- Tap on your preferred personal workspace to add it in your workspaces list.
Removing a Personal Workspace
To remove a personal workspace:
- Go to NetDocuments > Personal Workspace.
- Swipe the personal workspace to the left and tap Remove.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click Remove to confirm the removal.
- Tap on the workspace you want to remove. You are taken to the Select a Personal Workspace screen.
- Select the Clear button at the top right of the screen. The personal workspace is removed from your workspaces list.
Filing a Message
ZERO integrates with your firm’s NetDocuments server allowing you to file messages from your mobile device. Moreover, ZERO allows you to file messages to various cabinets, as well as allows the same message to be filed again to another cabinet or destination.
The process of filing messages includes the following steps:
- Open a message from your inbox to file. Please, note that ZERO displays the File button in the email body if you are logged in to NetDocuments.
- Tap the File button to proceed to the File Message screen and specify the parameters required for ﬁling messages to the NetDocuments cabinet. For details, see Specifying Filing Attributes.
ZERO allows to autofile the message right from the email body. For more details about autofiling messages, see Autofiling Messages.
This topic includes the following sub-topics:
Specifying Filing Attributes
In the File Message screen ZERO allows to specify the parameters required for ﬁling messages to the NetDocuments cabinet. Here you can find fields marked as Required and Optional. It is mandatory to fill in the fields marked as Required. The fields marked as Optional may be skipped.
ZERO’s AI automatically populates the fields if it has predictions for them based on the analysis of the previous filing behavior. Please, note that you can leave the predicted attribute values unchanged or select other values.
To specify the filing attributes:
- If needed, select a Cabinet other than your preferred cabinet.
- Select the Client and the Matter. After these selections the Folder attribute is activated.
Note: If the Client is selected first, only the Matters for that client are shown. If you start by selecting a Matter ﬁrst, the Client associated with that Matter is automatically populated.
Note: Before selecting a matter from the Suggested Matter or All Matter lists, you can long-press on a matter and open a popup providing the full matter and client names.
- Tap Folder and browse through the folders of the cabinet to select the desired folder as your filing destination.
Note: You will need to define the custom attributes that appear after the Folder selection.
- Tap Author and browse through the authors to select the desired one for filing.
- Enable Show in Recent in case you want the selected message to be shown in the recent list of your messages. Please, note that after enabling this option, the application will let you choose whether you want to show in recent only this time or it should apply to all future filings as well.
- Enable Autofile Conversation in case if you want to file all existing and future messages in this conversation automatically. For more details about autfiling messages, see Autofiling Messages.
- Tap File to file the message/conversation. Please note that the File button is activated only after all the selections are made. ZERO shows a popup with two options:
- Autofile Conversation - all existing and future messages of the conversation are filed together with the attributes defined for the selected message.
- File Only this Message - only the selected message are filed.
A notification that the filing process has been completed appears on top of the screen. Once the filing is done, the Not Filed status in the email body changes to Filed.
Note: You can tap the icon to see the Filing Info.
The autofile feature is a fully automated solution to help you file messages automatically and spend less time filing. ZERO allows to autofile messages from both the email body and the File Message screen.
To autofile messages:
- Select thebutton at the top right corner of the email body screen. The Autofile screen opens where you should set up the autofiling attributes for the selected conversation. For details about setting up the autofiling attributes, see Specifying Filing Attributes.
- Select the Enable Autofile button. All existing and future messages in this conversation are filed automatically.
- Tap the File button in the email body. The File Message screen opens.
- After specifying the parameters required for ﬁling messages, enable the autofiling feature by turning On the Autofile Conversation switch. The File button is activated.
- Click File. All existing and future messages in this conversation are filed automatically.
Unfiling a Message
- Go to the filed message that you want to unfile.
- Click the icon to see the filing info.
- Tap Unfile. The message is removed from NetDocuments and the destination information is cleared from the Filing Info screen. Please, note that you can tap the File button again and proceed with a new destination filing, including filing within the same cabinet.
Note: Messages unfiled by ZERO are not autofiled or suggested for batch filing.
Note: Connection to the internet is mandatory for being able to unfile a message.
Note: Messages deleted from NetDocuments are synced only when you enter the message.
ZERO’s AI analyzes your past emails and suggests appropriate destinations for filing the messages to the NetDocuments cabinet.
- Select a prediction of Client/Matter for the message you want to file.
Note: If ZERO’s recommendations seem incorrect, you can select a prediction and change the Client/ Matter as needed.
Note: When you tap a prediction, all ﬁelds required for ﬁling are automatically populated in the File Message screen.
- Review and ﬁle the message by selecting the File Message button.
- Tap Select Other in the Prediction screen if you want to load a File Message screen and fill in descriptions other than the suggested predictions. Please, note that your primary cabinet is loaded by default.
Batch Filing to NetDocuments
The Batch Filing option on the Assistant screen helps to file emails to the preferred cabinet of NetDocuments in batches. To file messages in batches:
- Go to Assistant > Batch Filing. AI analyzes your emails and suggests a list of emails for batch filing.
- Click the File All button to file all emails present in the batch filing list.
Note: Right swiping a single message files it separately. Left swiping a message suggests you to perform several batch filing options. For details about the options suggested when left swiping a single message, see Batch Filing Options.
Note: ZERO allows you to edit the filing destination suggested by batch filing. For details about how to do that, see Editing the Filing Destination.
Note: You can select messages from the suggested batch filing list and proceed with the batch filing of the selected messages.
This topic includes the following sub-topics:
Editing the Filing Destination
To edit the filing destination suggested by batch filing:
- Click the Edit button at the right corner of the email. Filing Details screen opens containing all the filing attributes with filled-in values.
- Select the attribute the value of which you want to change. The list of the selected attribute values opens.
- Choose the needed value for the selected attribute.
Click the Save Changes button to save the information input. Or, click Cancel to terminate the operation and navigate back to the previous screen.
Batch Filing Options
To see the batch filing options:
- Swipe to the left on any single message. The following options appear:
- Change – this option navigates you to the File Message screen where you can specify other filing attributes and change the destination of the message. For details about selecting filing attributes, see Specifying Filing Attributes.
- Postpone – clicking this option temporarily postpones the filing of the message.
- Don’t File – this option excludes the message from the filing list.
- Select the desired option and proceed with batch filing of the messages.
Links to Shared Documents
ZERO supports links to the shared NetDocuments with no need for repeated logins to NetDocuments.
Status of Filed Emails
- (a blue folder with a white checkmark) - this icon indicates that ZERO has received conﬁrmation from NetDocuments that the email has been successfully filed.
- (a half-colored blue folder) - this icon indicates a partial filing, i.e., some messages in the conversation are ﬁled, while others are not.
- (a blue-green gradient folder with “A”) - this icon indicates that all existing and future messages of the conversation will be filed automatically to the destination defined in Autofile.
- (a circle loading animation) - this icon indicates that the filing is in progress.
- (a red warning sign) - this icon indicates an unsuccessful ﬁling attempt. That means that an error has occurred during the ﬁling process. These emails are stored in a temporary Failed to File folder. Please, note that the Failed to File folder does not appear if there are no emails that failed to ﬁle.
Was this article helpful?