This article introduces you to the various settings that you can customize within Apollo. More specifically, it describes the following:
- What Apollo Captures
- Sending Entries to Timekeeping System
- Sending Entry Types
- Task Billing
- Minimum Time Threshold
- Additional Recipient for Email Reports
What Apollo Captures
To define what Apollo captures:
- Go to Settings > Personalization > What Apollo Captures.
- Choose between the two options of capture functionality to fit your timekeeping habits and flow. To do that, tick the corresponding checkbox. The options are the following:
- Activities and Time – Apollo captures all your billable activities and the corresponding duration of those activities and creates draft entries in your timekeeping system with a prefilled AI-generated narrative as well as predicted client and matter fields if there is sufficient data to predict a client/matter.
- Only Activities – Apollo captures all your billable activities and creates draft entries in your timekeeping system with a prefilled AI-generated narrative as well as predicted client and matter fields if there is sufficient data to predict a client/matter. With activities only capture, no time data is captured, and no time data is sent to iTimekeep.
Sending Entries to Timekeeping System
To choose your preferred level of automation for submitting timekeeping entries to iTimekeep:
- Go to Settings > Personalization > Send Entries to Timekeeping System.
- Choose between the following options by ticking the corresponding checkbox:
- Scheduled – All your captured entries will be automatically sent to your timekeeping system per predefined frequency. Please note that your firm will select a default interval such as every 15 minutes, but this configuration can be modified with the help of your IT to match your individual preference. If you select this option, you will also need to specify which type of entries you want Apollo to send to the timekeeping system. For details on how to specify type of entries, see Sending Entry Types.
- Manual – You can manually select which entries you want to send to the timekeeping system. This option provides more control over timekeeping entries and ensures accuracy.
Note: For both Scheduled and Manual sending options, updates throughout the day are sent to iTimekeep automatically and may include additional captured time, matter assignment or reassignment, and narrative changes.
Note: If you have customized your entries to be sent on a Manual basis, all entries will remain on your Review screen until you have reviewed them within the pre-configured window of time after creation, typically around 30 days.
However, if you have set your entries to be sent on a Scheduled basis, entries that have not been sent to iTimekeep will be submitted to iTimekeep at your specified frequency. The submission will be done according to the Entry Type customization in your settings. Afterwards, all entries will be moved to the appropriate tab, either Sent to iTimekeep or Not Sent to iTimekeep, in the History page.
Sending Entry Types
In addition to the data within Outlook associated with each email, Apollo also relies on your data in the Document Management System (DMS) to be able to predict which client and matter should be attributed to a given time entry. This means that sometimes when there is not enough data, Apollo will not be able to confidently make a prediction.
If you have chosen to send your time entries to iTimekeep on a scheduled basis, you need to specify what type of entries should be automatically sent to iTimekeep. To do that:
- Go to Settings > Personalization > Entry Types.
- Define how you want Apollo to send your captured activities to the timekeeping system by choosing one of the following options from the drop-down list:
- Only assigned entries – Apollo creates draft entries in iTimekeep for only assigned activities.
- All entries – Apollo creates draft entries in iTimekeep for assigned and unassigned activities.
Note: Apollo never sends any removed entries to the timekeeping system.
By default, Apollo submits your captured time using the task billing method. To change this, toggle the respective switch to off. Once deactivated, Apollo will use your iTimekeep settings to determine whether to apply the task-billing or block-billing method.
Minimum Time Threshold
To define what Apollo considers as the minimum duration needed to create an entry:
- Go to Settings > Personalization > Minimum Time Threshold.
- Specify the minimum time threshold for capturing your activities. To do that, choose a number and a unit of time (seconds or minutes) from the respective drop-down lists.
Note: Apollo does not create draft entries for those activities that take less than the minimum time threshold. Once the minimum time threshold is changed, it applies to all captured activities for today. This means, the entire list of captured activities for today may be updated based on the new criteria you select. For example, if your minimum time threshold was 36 seconds, but you change it to 60 seconds, you will no longer see activities on your Review page that are between 36 and 59 seconds that were captured prior to your change in settings.
To define the rounding option for Apollo:
- Go to Settings > Personalization > Rounding.
- Specify your default rounding option for Apollo to follow if no matter-specific rounding rules are included in your timekeeping system. To do that, choose a number and a unit of time (seconds or minutes) from the respective drop-down lists.
Note: In case you do not want your time to be rounded up, select 0. Once the default rounding rule is changed, it applies to all captured activities for today. This means the entire list of captured activities for today may be updated based on the new rounding increment you select. For example, if you increase your rounding rule from .1 to .25, all previously captured activities for today will be updated to reflect .25 once the Review page refreshes.
Additional Recipient for Email Reports
To define additional recipients for your reports:
- Type the email address of the additional recipient in the respective field.
- Click Add. This ensures that the report will be sent as a CC to the added recipients.
For details about the daily report of your captured activities, see Daily Activity Report.
Was this article helpful?