Setting Up Apollo
In this article:
- Begin the Setup Process
- Enable Apollo on Your Everyday Tools
- Align Apollo to Your Workflow
- Select Preferences for Sending Draft Entries to iTimekeep
- Connect iTimekeep to Apollo
Apollo will be set up for you by your IT administrator. To begin using it, you need to sign in and go through a few onboarding screens allowing you to make selections to further personalize your experience. After setup and sign-in, Apollo will fit seamlessly into your current timekeeping workflow.
Note: You will be able to edit your choices made in the onboarding screens anytime from Apollo settings. For details on how to do that, see Settings Page.
Enabling Apollo on Your Everyday Tools
To enable Apollo on your everyday tools:
- Turn On the toggle switch next to the tool for which you want Apollo to capture your time or activities automatically. Please, note that all applications are grouped in the following drop-down tabs:
- Microsoft Office
- Tools for PDF
- Select Next.
Note: You can modify your selection anytime by referring to Applications.
Note: The list of available applications visible to you may vary based on the applications chosen by your firm.
Aligning Apollo to Your Workflow
To define what you want Apollo to capture:
- Choose Activities and Time or Only Activities by selecting the respective radio button.
Note: If you select Only Activities, then Apollo will not capture any duration elements, and will only capture the activities that you work on.
- Click the Next button to proceed to the next onboarding screen.
Note: You can modify your selection anytime by referring to What Apollo Captures.
Selecting the Preferred Level of Automation
You will be able to select your preferred level of automation in case your firm has a timekeeping system that directly integrates with Apollo. Otherwise, you will not see this screen.
To determine the ideal level of automation for sending draft entries to your timekeeping system:
- Tick the corresponding radio button to choose one of the following options:
- Scheduled – All your captured entries will be automatically sent to your timekeeping system per predefined frequency. Please note that your firm will select a default interval such as every 15 minutes, but this configuration can be modified with the help of your IT to match your individual preference.
- Manual – You will manually send only the entries you select to go to your timekeeping system.
Note: For scheduled and manually sent entries, updates throughout the day are sent to iTimekeep automatically and could include additional captured time, matter assignment or reassignment, and narrative changes.
- After selecting your preferred option, click Next / Sign in to iTimekeep (depending on your selected option).
If you have selected Scheduled, you will be navigated to the next onboarding screen to choose your preferences for sending draft entries to iTimekeep. If you have selected Manual, you will be navigated to the login screen of your timekeeping system to provide your credentials and connect it with Apollo.
Note: You can modify your selection anytime by referring to Sending Entries to Timekeeping System.
Selecting Entry Type Sending Preferences
If you select to proceed with a scheduled approach, you will also have to define which entries Apollo should send to iTimekeep automatically:
- Choose Only Assigned Entries or All Entries by selecting the respective radio button.
Note: Using cutting-edge AI, Apollo can assign a client / matter to your captured entries with a high level of accuracy. However, in cases where Apollo determines that it is not highly confident in its prediction, it will display the entry as unassigned. Unassigned entries can be manually assigned during the entry review process. For details about manually assigning entries, see Assigning and Reassigning Entries.
- Click the Sign in to iTimekeep button to navigate to the iTimekeep login screen to provide your credentials and connect it with Apollo.
Note: This degree of automation can be pre-configured at the firm level by your IT. In this event, it is possible that this option may be pre-selected for you, and you may not be able to view or select between these options.
Note: You can modify your selection anytime by referring to Sending Entry Types.
Connecting iTimekeep to Apollo
To connect iTimekeep to Apollo:
- Enter your iTimekeep email and password in the respective fields.
- Click the Sign in button. You will be logged into your iTimekeep account and be navigated to the Review page.
Connecting iTimekeep to Apollo allows Apollo to learn about matter specific rules such as task vs. block billing and to send your captured time and/or activities to iTimekeep as draft entries. For details about you timekeeping system integration, see iTimekeep.
Note: If your organization has SSO enabled, you will see a different authentication screen to enter your iTimekeep credentials.
Was this article helpful?