This article introduces you to Apollo's time and activity entry management. It includes the following topics:
- Time and Activity Entry Management
- Assign an Entry
- Search for a Matter
- Select a Matter
- Reassign Existing Entries
- Remove an Entry
- Block Billing Entries
Time and Activity Entry Management
Once Apollo is running on your computer, it will automatically begin to capture either time and activity entries, or just activity entries, depending on how you and/or your organization has configured Apollo. From the dashboard Review page, you will be able to view and manage all of the entries that Apollo has captured.
When Apollo predicts the client/matter for entries with a high level of accuracy, those entries will be automatically assigned. From the dashboard, you can view and re-assign the entries as needed. However, if Apollo does not feel that it can determine the client/matter of a specific entry with confidence, it will be displayed as Unassigned.
- Go to the All Entries tab to view an organized list of both assigned and unassigned entries.
- Go to the Assigned tab to view the list filtered by only assigned entries.
- Go to the Unassigned tab to view the list filtered by only unassigned entries.
Note: Apollo follows your set preferences for which entries to send (i.e., only assigned entries or all entries) to your timekeeping system. Apollo never sends any removed entries to iTimekeep. All of your captured entries for today will also be moved to the history page at the end of the day.
Assign an Entry
Apollo automatically assigns all entries for which it has a high level of confidence that the client/ matter prediction is accurate. However, those entries for which it does not feel it can accurately predict will be displayed as Unassigned. To train Apollo to have more predictions over time, you will need to assign these manually. Note that some predictions for documents, Outlook activities, and calendar events that include clients will start showing up immediately based on your previous filing behavior in the Document Management System (DMS), whereas other predictions may require some initial training from you via manual assignment before Apollo is able to generate those predictions for you automatically.
- To assign an entry, click Assign next to any unassigned entry.
Search for a Matter
After clicking the Assign button next to any unassigned entry, you will be prompted with a window allowing you to assign the entry. If Apollo had multiple predictions for a given entry but could not confidently decide between them, you will be presented with the various Suggested client/matter assignments. If no suggestions are available, you will be able to select from a list of Recent or All matters in addition to being able to perform a search for a particular matter.
- Type the client/matter name in the Search for Matter box or view the Suggested assignments, if available.
Select a Matter
- View the search results and identify the client/matter that you wish to assign the entry to.
- Click on the matter to select it, and then click the Assign button to assign the entry.
- The entry is now assigned to the selected matter. You will be directed back to the dashboard and notice that this entry is now labeled as Assigned.
Reassign Existing Entries
Entries that have already been assigned (either automatically by Apollo or manually by you) will have the option to reassign.
- To reassign a single entry, select the three dots icon to the right of the entry and click Reassign.
- To reassign multiple entries, click the (Reassign) button that becomes activated at the top of the entries after you select them.
- Follow the same matter assignment process as shown in the matter selection sections above.
Remove an Entry
You may want to remove an entry from Apollo if you do not wish to create a draft entry for that activity in iTimekeep.
- To remove a single entry, select the three dots icon to the right of the entry you want to remove and click Remove.
- To remove multiple entries, click the (Remove) button that becomes activated at the top of the entries after you select them.
- Go to the Removed tab to filter the list and view the removed entries.
- Press the Restore button next to any entry to restore it as an entry in Apollo.
- To restore multiple entries, click the Restore button that becomes activated at the bottom right of the screen after you select entries.
Note: If you remove a given entry and later continue to work on that same activity, Apollo will determine that the additional work done should also be considered removed.
Block Billing Entries
If block billing is enabled for a specific matter, the individual activities assigned to that client matter are displayed under the label on your Review page. This allows you to treat all entries under the selected matter as separate entries, however you can only send them as a single block billing entry.
The total duration displayed in a block billing entry will be the sum of the raw durations of its individual entries. In case a rounding option is set, the total duration displayed in a block billing entry will be adjusted according to the applicable rounding rule after the raw durations are added together.
- Select the block billing entry and click Send. The entry will now be displayed in your iTimekeep.
Was this article helpful?